2017/2018 AVSC SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM OVERVIEW
PLEASE TAKE THE TIME TO CAREFULLY READ AND UNDERSTAND THE CRITERIA REQUIRED FOR CONSIDERATION.
AVSC exists to enrich the lives of our participants and strengthen the community fabric of the Roaring Fork Valley. We offer premier instruction in skiing and snowboarding, and emphasize the values of commitment, teamwork and integrity. We help shape the character of our youth, and every child and young adult interested should be able to take advantage of the opportunities we provide, regardless of their financial situation. Because our funds are limited, scholarship assistance will be contingent upon financial need. Please understand that all AVSC participants receive a form of financial aid since program fees represent only 60% of the true cost of providing these programs.
Base Camp participants (Nordic One Day, Two Day & Rec Leaue) are eligible for up to the total cost of program fees less $75. Competitive program applicants are eligible for up to 50% of program fees. In special circumstances, we may be able to offer more than 50%. Scholarship applicants should also thoroughly understand the conditions that accompany the receipt of an award.
CONDITIONS FOR SCHOLARSHIP AWARDS
All participants receiving a scholarship must meet the following conditions. Failure to meet these requirements will result in the forfeiture of the scholarship award.
• Recipient must abide by the AVSC Code of Conduct.
• Disciplinary actions within AVSC, school or with the local authorities may revoke award.
• All recipients will be required to write a letter of thanks on behalf of the AVSC.
• A copy of the letter of thanks must be sent to AVSC.
If you have questions, please contact your child’s program director:
Base Camp Trish Shepard 205-5160 firstname.lastname@example.org
Alpine Alice Black 205-5113 email@example.com
Freestyle Eric Knight 205-5130 firstname.lastname@example.org
Nordic August Teague 205-5140 email@example.com
Snowboard Jason Cook 205-5150 firstname.lastname@example.org
All information provided will be kept confidential.
Mail to AVSC Executive Director: Mark Godomsky, 300 AVSC Drive, Aspen, CO 81611
A COMPLETED SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION INCLUDES –
1. Registration Form
2. Scholarship Application Form – Only one form is required per family.
3. 2016 Tax Returns – Two-parent households filing separate returns must attach 2016 tax returns from both individuals.
4. Explanatory Letter – On a separate sheet, please state why you are requesting a scholarship. Include comments on any special circumstances influencing your financial position which AVSC should consider in the decision making process.
5. Partial Payment – If you do not receive a scholarship this payment will be applied towards program fees.
Base Camp Programs – must include $50 payment per child to be considered.
Devo Programs – must include $600 partial payment per athlete.
Team Programs – must include $600 partial payment per athlete.
If you are missing any of the above items you ARE NOT eligible for a scholarship and will not be considered OR enrolled in any programs until all items have been turned into the AVSC office.
September 1st, 2017- Deadline for National Comp Program
September 21st, 2017 – Deadline for all Devo and Local Comp Programs
October 10, 2017 – Deadline for Base Camp Programs (Nordic One Day, Two Day & Rec League)
***You must register online and pay the deposit if you are applying for a scholarship. If you withdraw from the program before the start date your deposit will be refunded in full
For step by step instructions on how to register, click HERE.