Attention parents looking to redeem parent work deposit hours. We need your help with Bonfire Dinner planning. Please join Maria and Tami for a volunteer meeting on Wednesday, December 4th at 5pm at the AVSC Clubhouse. RSVP to Tami at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to attend and help out. This will be a very important part of our fiscal year. Please attend if you can.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!
Devo Boys working together, Grand Mesa Camp 2013
All Local Comp athletes (U20, U18, and U16) that plan to participate in ANY Rocky Mountain Nordic (RMN) races need to purchase a RMN membership by December 13th to avoid a late fee. RMN membership is included in National Comp Team Program fees. Please download the membership form below, make checks payable to “RMN” and mail both to: Mike Elliott, RMN Executive Director, 2613 Arroyo Drive, Durango, CO 81301.
U14, U12, and U10 athletes that would like their race points to count towards the Colorado Cup must purchase an RMN membership as well. Colorado Cup Points are accumulated at RMN races all season and age class champions receive a red jacket with their name on the back. Second and third place age class finishers will receive medals. If you have any questions about this, contact your program coach.
Pre-arranged absence from school
Skis, Boots, Poles
Team jacket & warm-ups
Team ski suit
Under layers (long-underwear, fleece, etc)
Hats and gloves
Water bottle and carrier
Warm street clothes
Sunscreen, toothbrush, toothpaste, etc
Sleeping bag if you don’t want to share the covers
Cash for snacks & incidentals
RSVP by today to attend the Grand Mesa and West Yellowstone camps. E-mail email@example.com to RSVP. If I do not hear from you by tonight your condo space will be canceled!
Here are my Grand Mesa RSVP’s so far (the * means parents are attending as well). Make sure your name is there and give your friends a call if their names are missing!
MONDAY, NOV. 18
HIGH SCHOOL COMMONS
Mandatory all winter sports meeting and potluck will be held on Monday, November 18th at 5:30 pm in the high school commons. All parents, athletes, and coaches should be in attendance. AHS Athletic Trainer, Celty Fitterer, will be giving a short presentation on concussions for all in attendance.
The Booster Club will be providing pizza for the evening.
Please bring an amount to serve 10 people:
Last Name: A – K Salads
L – S Drinks
T – Z Desserts
All team meetings will be held after the potluck and short presentation.
The Booster Club will be selling apparel and other products.
If you were unable to attend Wednesday’s parent meeting for Devo and Comp Team programs, here is what you need to know:
1. The agenda is available on the “handouts” tab of this blog. Please open it, read the material and let me know if you have any questions. There is a lot of information there!
2. We have 2 camps coming up. Grand Mesa and West Yellowstone. The Camp info is on the handouts tab and I would like RSVP’s from everyone attending by tomorrow night (FRIDAY 11/15).
3. We are going to be ordering team Parkas. I will be purchasing the Patagonia Rubicon Down Jacket in black and Tami has designed them for us. This jacket retails for $399 and we are offering a price of $160 for the first 50 people to order jackets. Thank you to the Sweeney Family, Taslitz Family, and Friedland Family for their generous donations to make these jackets affordable!!!! All order forms are due next week Wednesday (11/20). There will be a necklace fundraiser to help pay for jackets coming soon. You can put the jacket on your account until we begin fundraising. I need paper order forms in hand by next week Wednesday!
If you can not make the Friday (11/15) fitting and rental pick up at the Aspen Cross Country Center, you will have another opportunity on Friday, November 19th from 3-6pm. Please try your hardest take advantage of this Thursday (11/14) and Friday (11/15) as scheduled for reserved and non-reserved, respectively – as there will be more staff scheduled. See the post below for more info on the season rental pick up!
The date set for AVSC Nordic participants that were fitted for and reserved equipment during the Junior Nordic Try-on night in September (and the following week) has been changed to Thursday, November 14th, 3-6pm at the Aspen Cross Country Center. This is earlier than the original date of Nov 18. Parents must be present to:
1. sign a legal liability waiver
2. provide a credit card security deposit – imprint taken (expiration date valid through April 2014)
3. sign an agreement to return the gear by March 23, 2014.
4. pay for the seasonal rental
Legal guardians will not be allowed to complete the required paperwork.
For people that did not reserve equipment, the date for fitting and pick-up is the next day, November 15th, 3-6pm at the Aspen Cross Country Center. After these two dates, the Aspen Cross Country Center will not be open for seasonal rental pick-up until opening day on Thanksgiving. If you have any questions, please feel free to call Paul Perley, general manager at Ute Mountaineer. Thanks!
210 S. Galena St
Aspen, CO 81611
Welcome to the AVSC Nordic Blog. This blog will be the place for Team Program (Devo and Comp) athletes and families to find important information about the 2013-2014 ski season.
RMN Time Trail, October 2013
Most Important: Click on the training schedule tab and scroll to the appropriate program to see the week’s practice schedule. This will help athletes and parents always know what to bring to practice.
With the changing weather that fall can bring, practice plans can change quickly. Check this blog each night and always come with running shoes, just in case!
Other things to bring to practice every day:
*A water bottle
*An extra set of warm dry clothes
*A hat and gloves
*Always have running shoes!